Social media has exploded in popularity over the last decade and today it’s one of the most effective ways to reach potential customers and clients. It’s an ideal way to humanize your brand and drive your business forward.
Many people overlook Instagram, because so much focus is being put on Facebook and Twitter. It shouldn’t. Instagram is bigger than Twitter and growing faster than any other platform. It has more than 400 million active accounts. Take a look at some statistics on Instagram users:
Take a look at some statistics on Instagram users:
- 51% are male and 49% are female
- 90% are younger than 35
- 75% of users are outside the United States and of the 100 million others to join, more than half live in Europe and Asia
- 56.4% of Internet users aged 14-17 in the United States use Instagram
While you’ll want to create a good Instagram profile if you’re trying to really connect with potential clients on a personal level, just taking the time to create a solid ad for Instagram can help. Creating an Instagram ad isn’t that difficult, and you can reach a lot of people with them.
Here are some things to consider:
- If you link your Instagram account to your Facebook account, you’ll have a built-in pool of connections to put your ads in front of. Best of all, since they follow your Facebook page you’ll know that they’re also ideal target customers who are already have an interest in what you provide.
- You can also target people in a particular area. Say you’re opening a new storefront and you want to showcase it to local people who are in the region. You can directly target your ads so that those who live in that area will see it. This targeted marketing is a vital part of what makes social media ads so effective.
- You’ll see that those viewing your Instagram ads also share an interest in the area of business that you focus on. Meaning, you can get better results from a single ad than you would from a mass email marketing effort.
Simply put, the people who will see your Instagram ads are the people who need to see them.
In today’s marketing world, having a solid target audience is a must. Instagram helps your ads get in front of those who are in the market for what you offer. It’s well worth paying attention to.