Social Media Director
The Social Media Director is expected to build and develop our team of social media managers as we increase and grow the department. They’re also responsible for managing client’s social channels directly, and personally connecting with fans, followers and customers. It is important to provide audience feedback on these interactions, and create reports for internal dissemination, as well as be an active member of the social media team.
You will also work directly with the department head for onboarding new team members, and establishing best practices for the success of our clients.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creatively and proactively interact with online audiences across all platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Help develop an ongoing communication strategy and content publishing calendar, based on marketing objectives and community feedback
- Produce content for social media platforms
- Understand social strategy and communicate content plan to clients
- Adopt the brand voice when answering questions, engaging in conversations, and represent the positive, helpful face of the brand
- Help establish metrics for success & compile weekly reports on all interactions, with recommendations for future course correction
- Identify & engage advocates and industry influencers in ongoing relationships
- Proactively communicate issues, opportunities, and insights to the team
- Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using them, with recommendations for new platforms to embrace
- Formulate creative ideas that drive engagement and improve brand connection
- Can follow social media daily posting schedule on multiple platforms
- Comfortable presenting to large groups
- Outstanding verbal and written skills
- 2-5 years in social media account management, with at least 1 year of leadership and/or management experience
- Demonstrate expertise of creative and professional online copy
- Knowledgeable in all major social platforms
- Has experience in the Facebook Ad Manager system
- Has experience getting results in outreach strategies for brands
Please send us:
- A 300 – 500 word short essay about a recent social media campaign you’re proud of, and why you thought it was successful
- Your resume illustrating your qualifications for the position
- If applicable, please provide bitly links to your online portfolio, blogs, or other examples of your work
We Ask A Lot.
But we give a lot, too. Vacation, Health/Dental, 401K, Competitive Wages, and an environment as committed to improving your skills as you are!